Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I am Tired, Hear me Yawn

I am tired. I am tired of being tired. Have you ever arbitrarily typed in words into the address bar to see what comes up? I do that on occasion, but it often doesn’t lead anywhere. For the longest time there was no website for http://www.www.com/, I thought that was a major oversight, but now someone is using it to sell domain names. The same goes for http://www.web.com/. Recently, on one of my many tired days, I typed in http://www.tired.com/. When you do this, a simple blank white page comes up and a line of text shows “Are you tired? Tell us why? The “us” in that statement is a link that opens a blank email addressed to tired@tired.com. I was rather confused by this and searched it on Google. Apparently, someone bought this domain for his company, but didn’t get around to using it. Since he hadn’t yet used it, he put up that simple text, and linked it to an email address. He got an email within a few seconds, and 100’s of emails daily since. He had not taken into account how many fools like me would randomly type “tired” into the address bar. I have not yet emailed him, but apparently he gets tons of emails from people in the middle of the night that can’t sleep, sleep depraved students and mothers, and a ton of other people that are tired of something in their life or of our society. It is very fascinating. These people do not know where the email is going, or if it would be made public or even be read, but they send it away anyway. I think there is something to be learned about our psyche by that. It seems a lot of people don’t have anyone to talk seriously to, so they send their frustrations, or sins to a complete stranger, or make anonymous confessions on Post Secret.

The point is… I don’t have to send arbitrary emails to some address; I have a blog where I can post my complaints. HaHa, it is funny because it is true. I have been tired for a little over a year. Sure I have moments of energy and what not, but generally lethargic for some time now. I think it is because I don’t sleep well which has partially been confirmed by Liz who was on a different schedule than me for a while and realized that I wake up often throughout the night. I know I’ve done some weird sleep walking on occasion the past few months because I normally remember those episodes when I wake up. But Liz discovered that throughout the night I shoot out of bed, look around confusingly, say something brief, and then go back to bed. I had no idea this was happening, but Liz said that it happens and it is pretty startling, but also funny. I guess that explains my daily fatigue.

I’m not sure why I felt obliged to share this with the world, but I did, and you can’t unread it. So HAH! Other than being tired, life has been busy lately. Liz got a part time job with Curves, I am playing hockey again, we are getting more active with our church, half of the unmarried people I know are getting married this year, and I have had a few job interviews. Like I said, busy times. It is going pretty well though. The job search has been exciting lately. In fact, I have an interview tomorrow that seems very interesting and promising. I might just be able to get away from Parente before they suck all of my soul out of me. On the other hand, I have gone trough a series of performance reviews and goal setting meetings recently that I feel guilty about doing at the same time as applying for other positions. Planning my career future at Parente with my boss at the same time as planning my own career future feels so fake. Oh well, such is the way of life I suppose. That is all I have for now. I hope to post some more about my busy life and all of these weddings going on soon. And hopefully next time I post, I’ll have some good news. Until then:

Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment