Friday, February 13, 2009

A Post To Pass Things Along

I don’t really have much to talk about today. I’ve been wanting to post all week, not because of anything specific going on, I just knew it had been too long since the last post and I was tired of seeing the same heading anytime I happened upon my own blog.

I’ve been fairly busy at work for the past couple weeks giving me much less free time on my computer. Even if I had some free time, I didn’t think I had any blog worthy writing. Instead of writing out a full post, I shall make a brief list of things going on.

I’ve been working out quite a bit and making good progress in the distance and speed that I am running. I have also been lifting, and noticing some progess there. These are all good things, except my weight has not changed at all. That is just frustrating. Hopefully I can keep progressing and my body will actually react.

I am planning a Man’s Weekend and it is going to be amazing. I’m really hoping we can 12-15 guys to join in for a trip to my cabin to blow some stuff up and do some other really dumb man things.

It is time to start doing taxes! I am a nerd, and that has already been defined. Because of my nerdocity, I actually look forward to tax time. I already know to the penny how much money I made / contributed to 401k / paid for benefits / paid for taxes. Now I get to show the government those numbers and make them give me back the money I overpaid. Good times.

Finally, I bought a new computer. Yes, in these tough economic times I a swimming in new items with the zune, grill, and computer. I’m doing my part to boost this economy, why aren’t you? Anyway, this computer is amazing. I did a ton of research and waited patiently for the right deal. It all came down to a decision between 2 models of the same computer that were on sale. There was a $200 difference, but a significant processing power difference. With all the video encoding I do, I opted for the speed and celebrate that decision every day I look at the computer. I am converting files and making dvd’s like a mad man. I am also greatly enjoying Windows Vista and all the other features of the new computer. Here is a picture.



It is a Lenovo Y530. This puppy is blazingly fast with it s 2.2 ghz 8400 processor, 4gb of ram, and other features. Aside from being able to covert a movie in about 30 mins (work computer would take 2 hours, house computer would take 8 hours) I downloaded a video file last night and hit 1.8MB per second! I downloaded an office episode in like 4 mins. I was drooling as I watched to bar go across the screen.

That is what is going on with me in a nutshell. Thank you for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment