Thursday, September 10, 2009

H is for Hummus

As per reader request… H is for Hummus. I was intrigued by this challenge of suggested writing topics. This was especially true of hummus as I had never actually tried hummus before. I thought this might be a challenge since I would have to go somewhere to buy some or try to make it myself. As it turned out, I was invited to a dinner party where hummus was served as an appetizer. I am very fortunate to have a boss who is Greek and loves to have guests and make ridiculously good food. The hummus was ridiculously garlicy and was served with pita bread. With Ali in mind, I dove right in. To my surprise, the hummus was actually quite tasty. I might even try it again sometime. Probably won’t make it, but if someone else does, I won’t avoid it like I have in the past.

Thank you for your suggestion and challenging me to expand my horizons.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I am so flattered!

And if you're craving some great hummus and don't feel like grinding your own chick peas, I suggest Sabra roasted red pepper hummus. Delicious!

Kristen said...

Be careful if you try Sabra hummus -- it's so good you'll never want any other brand. For real.

Post a Comment