Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Football… ness

I have been in need of a new post the last few days, and as it seems this is the time of year to make posts related to football, I figured I would do that. Keith has some sort of goofy Eagles fan and Sean has pictures from a Steelers game including a sweet picture of him and Troy Aikman, so yesterday I decided to post of picture of me at a football game. Making the mistake of thinking I had any kind of photo editing skills, I tried to add a picture of me into a football huddle where I would make some funny remark about an invitation to join them on the field. It turned out horribly bad. Seriously, I would have stood a better chance of running naked into a NFL game and taking a snap shot with the players than actually making it seem that I was in any way a part of the picture. By the end of work yesterday, I gave up. Since I have no pictures to add, you only get a simple text. Go my favorite football team!! Beat the other teams…. Soundly!

To completely change subjects, last weekend Liz and I went to the PA Renaissance Faire. It was very good, and I highly recommend anyone reading this to attend. There are only 2 weeks left of the faire, so get to it. Go this weekend, you won’t be disappointed! I have absolutely gained a greater appreciation for the faire than the last time I went. The actors did a good job of keeping character through the entire day. There are a number of good shows to watch, bands playing, good food, and a lot of the shop keepers stay in character also. You really have a sense of walking into another world, and all of the employees do a great job of loosening up the crowd to make them feel comfortable to talk like them, cheer, and maybe even dance a little bit. I also really appreciate a place in today’s society where people are allowed to speak mostly the way the want to, carry around weapons to fit into character, and enjoy beer and wine. It seems like it would be a security nightmare, but everyone was just having a lot of fun, and no one was rude or out of control. Since the faire is winding down for the year, the actors are really comfortable working with each other, so they put on a good show and also joke around with each other a lot to get the other to break character, which leads to some really funny moments. If you are looking for something to do the next few weeks, get to the Ren Faire, you will be glad you did.

Thanks for reading. God save ye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment