Monday, December 10, 2007

Some Things You Ought to Know

Greetings my friends. My mind has been scattered today with a plethora of thoughts and I felt the need to express them. I have spent some time recently reviewing my life and my blog posts and decided there are some things that need to be said and some things that the reader may be quasi interested to find out. For instance, I enjoy using the word quasi whenever possible, which may be quasi weird, but I do not care.

Number 1: the majority of my blog has been rather dismal and I apologize for that. I never used to be a gloomy person, but after a year of being in the real world with “suck the life out of me” kind of job, my thoughts have become cheerless to say the least. That needs to stop. I’ve had the revelation that I’ve been taking life a bit too seriously lately and that is something I never used to do. Though my responsibilities force me to step up my seriousness, I took it to a level that no person took take their life. I’m going to try to cool down my outlook on my life and what is important. The most important way for me to do that is to have a more eternal focus, which leads me to my next item.

Number 2: I have hardly made any mention of the Lord and his role in my life. I am shameful for this fact. I’ve become so serious, so wrapped up in my job and corporate world, so focused on life that I haven’t taken a step back to realize that life here doesn’t matter very much. This world and my life are wasting away and it is merely a springboard to the perfect existence I am going to experience in the presence of my maker. First, that is gong to help me live life the way I should be living, and second, I need to be talking more about God on my blog since he should be my guide to everything I do. I fear that someone I don’t know may read parts of this page and feel bad for me for my misery which would not Glorify God. As John Piper claims, I must be satisfied with my life that God will be most glorified in me, this should shine through in my writing.

Number 3: My office decided to do a gift exchange where a Santa is assigned to each day of December to buy something small for everyone in the office. I’ve got some pretty sweet gifts thus far including today’s gift of a FREAKING HUGE Disney pencil. Part of this plan was to decorate our cubicles and hang a stocking to put all of the gifts in. Since I always have to be different, I decorated for Festivus. I have a 2.5 foot aluminum pole, and Happy Festivus sign with the tag line “A Festivus for the Rest of Us,” two 6 inch wrestling guys with a sign in front of them for the Feats of Strength, and a list on the front of my cube for the Airing of Grievances. I am quite proud of my work; however, nobody really got the joke. Even the people who quote Seinfeld on occasion didn’t get the joke. I am disappointed in them, but also feel very lame every time I have to explain it to someone that stops by and asks “what are the little fighter guys for?” The only real good that came out of it is that the wrestlers who are named Mitch and Johnny often end up in weird positions in the night for my discovery in the morning.

Number 4: Liz and I have found ourselves hooked on “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.” I downloaded (yes I download TV shows and Movies online, sorry) every episode and we have been watching at least 2 a night. Before proceeding, I must declare that this show is absolutely appalling. It is by far the most sinful and morally wrong show I have ever seen which is an immense statement considering I have seen every episode of Seinfeld and South Park. Honestly, combine those shows together and put them on crack, and you have “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.” Now that I have cleared myself of any liability since this show is so incredibly awful, it is absolutely hysterical. I love it! There are few people I would recommend it to and I mostly feel disgusting at myself for watching it, but in the end, it has been a great experience and I want more. I am just starting off the third season, and look forward to what is ahead, though I must say that the first season was better than the second. In case you decide to start watching it on your own, I must tag on an additional warning. This show has the possibility of affecting the way you speak to people you care about. Honestly, Liz and I have never spoken to each other with such rudeness, anger, and sarcasm in the history of our relationship. It is all fun and games between us and normally ends in wrestling and loving, but if we were ever to speak this way in public to each other, people would be lining up to give us marital counseling and pour holy water on us.

Number 5: Since I am on a streak of confessions, I feel the need to discuss this. Michael Vick was just sentence to a jail term for his dog fighting fiasco. I’ve heard many people discussing how terrible of a person he is and they can not comprehend a human can be so cruel. In fact, just today my office was discussing this horrible person and how he should be locked up for a long long time and how he must have some serious psychological issues. *GASP* …. I don’t think it is that bad. I know, for shame, for shame. I am such a monster! Chase me to the tower with your pitch forks and burn me alive. But in all honesty, if presented with the opportunity to watch, I would not turn my head. I had a friend with a Parana in college and I always wanted to watch it feed, I like movies where there is a one on one battle, and I have always been fascinated with cock fights and wanted to witness one, and since the moment I found out that a beta fish would kill another beta fish when put in the same tank, I’ve wanted to rush out and get me 2 beta fish. I am curious to see an animal fight another animal. I know it is wrong and I certainly look down on the way the animals are treated when not fighting, but I would probably watch Mike Vick’s terrorizing event and cheer for the winner. I apologize if I have offended you in any way, but it is the truth.

Thank you for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment