Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Something About The Keg of Glory... No... Wrong Show

In response to Liz and Keith: I eagerly await the arrival of Kindle 2.0. Improved features and $100 less is right up my alley. I thank Keith for the compliment. It is true, I am bodacious. Liz, you should know this by now, and come to accept it, even appreciate it.

I’m sure my readers would be proud to hear that I took 1st place in my company’s Office Trivia Challenge. The event was a tremendous success. More than 30 people showed up to have some pizza and socialize. 15-20 of those people sat around the large conference table and watched the game in its entirety. The game itself was a DVD trivia game, which added additional entertainment for those watching because there were many clips from the show. We used a projector so everyone could watch. I thought the game was well constructed, but I did have a few qualms. There were 6 or 7 categories you could land on, but many of them had the same introduction video. It was nice in the beginning, but just wasted time later in the game because the videos were redundant and not funny anymore. All of the categories had an intro video, followed by a clip from the show, and a question. Occasionally the clip would be related to the question, and everyone enjoyed those, but most of the time the clip was random and the question was completely unrelated. My final qualm was the use of non-office related trivia. This happened 3 or 4 times, in one example they showed a clip of Pam and Angela at the vending machine, and then asked “in what country was the vending machine invented?” We never claimed to know anything about general trivia, the game was purchased to play Office trivia, and I think the questions should follow that guideline. There was also a clip of Jim playing a prank on Dwight followed by the question “who is the current Queen of England?” Not at all related, I found that odd, and somewhat annoying.

Despite these small shortcomings, I was able to collect more that 20 Shrute Bucks, get past Dwight and his challenging questions, and be the first to arrive at Michael’s Office to claim victory. I was given the gold medal which was a necklace of paper clips with a rubber band (unfortunately could not find gold yogurt tops). There was also a prize donated from our marketing department which was a very nice desk clock. It was in a small wooden box, and when you open the cover you find a stylish analog clock, and the company emblem on the inside of the cover. I was very impressed and glad to have claimed first prize.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Congratulations. You drink from the water cooler of glory. You deserve all the Pretzel Day pretzels. Bobble heads shall be created in your likeness and Dundies laid at your feet. Or... something like that.

Keith said...

Don't forget a billion Stanley nickels, Ali.

Nice work, my man. And thanks for the shoutout!

Kristen said...

Nice job, Zack! Next time, flonkerton!

Post a Comment