Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Listen, Calm Down, I Am Back

It has been over a month since I last posted. I know that is normally shameful, but I have a good excuse…

… and look how cute that excuse is.





Yea… I’m a father. Crazy isn’t it? There were a number of times in the last month that I thought about posting, but then found myself a little too busy caring for my son, changing diapers, making food, and spending time with all the many visitors and family we saw over the holidays. Not to mention I was basically off work for 3 weeks, and I rarely look at a computer when I’m not at work. So please forgive me. Now I am back to blogging. I started to write this post about a week ago, and then it got pushed off by madness at work. We are in the midst of closing the books for 2008 which has everyone working a bit harder than normal and a bit longer. Thankfully I can now say that our book have closed, though the closing was pushed back 2 full days on account of insurance numbers that was on me to provide. We were doing reconciliation after reconciliation to have the numbers work out correctly, and then we were waiting for some data from our brokers.

I’m sure the reader doesn’t necessarily care about that work information, but HAH! You’ve already read it… It’s too late to take it back. I’m just going to have to assume that you did care.

Moving on. Life has been going pretty well. I am enjoying fatherhood. Weston will be 1 month old tomorrow, wow did that month go by fast. He is starting to get more interactive which is nice. Every couple of days something new would happen that would make his parents proud. Right in the beginning he was able to lift his head (though it would flop right back down), then his eyes were open more often, then he would try to suck his thumb but get frustrated because he couldn’t figure out how to separate his thumb from the rest of his hand. Those little excitements led to him putting himself in some funny positions. One day, not kidding, he was sleeping and raised his arm straight in the air and held it for about 30 seconds. Liz and I were astonished and asked “Weston, do you have a question?” Then there were other times when he would ball up his fist and put it to his chin between his thumb and pointer finger and looked like he was pondering some intense thought. Liz and I can tell that he is going to be smart. Soon after that he started looking at people instead of staring off to no where and being able to control his head a bit more. We also think he is strong and will more than likely start walking before he can talk. We have tried to put him on his stomach on the floor to see if he tries to move around, and he works with all of his might to move. One time, to our amazement, he nearly pulled off a pushup. This is quite impressive since I’m not sure if I could pull off a pushup at this time. He had his arms just about straight and only one small part of his body touching the floor. I guess you would consider it as more of a “girl” pushup (sorry if that is an offensive term, not sure what else to call it). All in all, fatherhood has been very excited. Granted, there are some nights that we weren’t able to get a lot of sleep, but that is to be expected.

Beside Weston, not a whole lot is going on. I had a great vacation from work that was enjoyable. I don’t wish that it was longer, I just wish I was home for a bit more of it. We spent a whole lot of time with family, or with people visiting, and I missed having some time to myself on the only time off I took all year. Actually, by the end of the time off, I was ready to go back to work. I was happy to discover that as it meant that I do like my job. Since I’ve been back, work has been very busy, but that is a good thing. I do have a couple of blog post ideas for the very near future, so I don’t want to get too much into other things going on. Don’t get too excited, it isn’t much. As a side note, Liz and I finished watching the series of West Wing for the 2nd time through. I really appreciate that show. We are now watching Alias and are into the 2nd season. I know the hard hitting female hero may be a bit against my normal viewing pleasure, but the show is pretty good. I always knew I would watch it since Liz really likes it. We just had to wait to get the 1st season on DVD as a gift. Liz already owned the 2nd-5th seasons. We also got sports night on DVD. I am greatly looking forward to that when we are done with Alias.

Finally, Dan Kenyon got married. It was a great celebration and I am very glad that I was able to go. I don’t have time at the moment to get into the fun of that day, but I do have this great picture of all the Boiling Springs friends that I had to share.

Thank you for reading.


2 comments:

Keith said...

Weston is freaking amazing. When can I come to see him again ... Saturday? I'll be in Jersey Friday night and some of Saturday morning but I'd love to come out to the Bogaczyk household soon.

Oh and my obnoxiousness level in that picture is out. of. control! Haha what a fun wedding!

Ali said...

Oh my goodness, West got so much cuter in these last couple of weeks! I mean, he was always cute, but he's extraordinarily adorable now. You really need to come visit again soon.

Also, Sports Night. You will love it. It's my personal favorite of the Sorkin shows, and it will make you love Will Bailey once you've got all that Jeremy love built up. And Dan and Casey have the best chemistry, and Isaac is so awesome, and you don't even know what I'm talking about, but you will. Also you'll notice some storylines and even whole bits of dialogue that were repeated in West Wing, but just remember that Sorkin likes to steal from himself and Sports Night came first.

Post a Comment