Friday, June 12, 2009

Big… Bodda Boom

Greetings to you good and faithful reader of my blog. I have not posted in over a month. I am ashamed and undoubtedly certain that the World Wide Web may have shed a tear in my absence. Where have I been? What have I been doing? Both good questions with somewhat non-profound answers. For the most part, I have been right here, doing much of the same thing I have been doing. The only different things I have done are, being sick for nearly 2 weeks and MAN WEEKEND. Being sick has kept me far from focusing on my computer aside from the work I had to do, and Man weekend kept all of my spare computer use time looking up ideas for explosives, and then making videos. I apologize for my lack of posts, but I dare say the wait was worth it. This post on the weekend manhood definition will most likely spit in the face of my past few posts and be awarded a medal for doing so.

The idea and planning for a man weekend began as a small glimmer of imagination, from the feeble minds of a few good friends. We thought perhaps we could pick a time in late spring for a large group of our friends to get together to celebrate that which every man longs to do… really stupid things. All we had to do was gather the people, pick a setting, and decide what we wanted to do. Gathering the people is surprisingly not an easy task. Picking a weekend that more than 10 people have free is nearly impossible at this stage in our lives, but we pulled off a solid 13 showing. The setting was easy, and deciding what to do what half the fun. We had some amazing food, solid poker (which I add I won both tournaments), good debates, sweet campfires, shooting, cannons, and explosives. Here is a video summing up a good portion of Man Weekend 09.




Upon my return from Man Weekend, I was alas able to tell some more people of the details, since we survived with no serious injuries. Though I questioned my judgment for a moment, I told my boss that I built a cannon from one of our products. Her immediate reaction: “tell me you have pictures.” I of course told her I had videos and she immediately stepped into my office to see the video of us firing the cannon. I also showed her the explosion from some propane tanks and another one of our products. She of course thought the videos were fantastic and exclaimed that I had to show our CFO. I showed the CFO who was thrilled and had me put it on a jump drive to mail out to some of our other offices. RIDICULOUS! I just sent around the video of the cannon, but have since made a video just for our company to enjoy with 2 cannon shots, and 2 explosions. I identified what product it was for everyone. I think they are all proud.

Man Weekend is officially here to stay. Everyone that was there wants to make it an annual event, and I suspect it will be easier to get an even larger group together next year. I’ve already got some calls about what we can do to improve the cannon for next year. The nice thing is, with all the enthusiasm at work, we might just get corporate sponsors for our next event.

Thanks for reading.

1 comments:

Ali said...

Two words: Rocket fuel.

I'd look into that, my friend.

Post a Comment