Thursday, July 9, 2009

B is for Brown

I have decided after my last post to make my way through the alphabet with titles. I know I am stealing that idea from Sue Grafton books (no I do not read Sue Grafton books), but I think that may inspire me to write about some odd topics.

I went with B is for Brown because that is the only color surface my ball hit when playing golf this past week. The fairways were narrow, and woods were mighty; at least they were mighty before I nearly cracked them in half with my crazed shots. I have also been paying some more Tiger Woods golf which just gets to be more and more awesome. Here is the gist of it: I am almost ready to take on Tiger Woods, but don’t stand a chance against Liz’s family. I played 18 holes on the Wii 8 under par, but Liz’s Uncle Gary and I shot a sad 24 over. The family tournament at Running Deer Lodge went well. I played a decent game, but never really found my swing. We finished 2 over par in the wet conditions which landed us 5th out of 17 teams. I thought my game might come back together, so I went out with Liz’s family. I thought for a moment that they would never invite me back to play, but I was later assured they would gladly have me out again to play for money. It was ugly, but the weather was absolutely beautiful and the fun was outstanding. I will save you details since well over 50% of my readership is Liz’s family, but I will say I nearly fell out of the cart on many occasions from laughter, crazy driving, and pranking the other team.

I am sadly back to work now after 5 days off. I only had to work a half day yesterday, but it went by so slowly. I was only in for like 40 minutes and started checking the clock to see how close I was to going home. Today has been a bit better, but it is tough to sit in an office on such a beautiful day knowing most of Liz’s family is still enjoying their vacation. I am actually starting to think about going back to Beaverdale for the weekend, but I’m going to hold out and hope to be enticed to come back by promises of tennis and sausage and peppers.

I suppose I should get back to work.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I'm inviting myself over again soon. I have a hankering for some more MotionPlus golf sweetness. Gotta get rid of that pesky natural fade to my swing.

Oh, and ... it's fun hanging out with you too bro. I suppose.

Ali said...

My suggestions for future posts:

H is for hummus
O is for OPEC
S is for Scientology

Post a Comment