Monday, October 26, 2009

J is for Jack-O’-Lantern

It has been much too long since I have posted. For a while, it was due to my busy schedule, but for the last week I have just been waiting until the right time. That time is of course directly after carving my pumpkin for Halloween this year. Could there be a better use for the letter J? I submit that there can not!

2 years ago, I decided to get into pumpkin carving. My first 2 attempts were very successful as I found patterns online that looked good but weren’t too challenging. This year I was torn between a few ideas and decided to make up my own pattern incorporating a number of designs. I think it turned out very well. Liz also carved a great looking pumpkin, but the pumpkin was unfortunately rotting and cracked a bit at the end. It will not survive the week, but we got a few pictures of it to remember its greatness. I tried to take pictures along the way to show its progression. Here are a few of those pictures for your enjoyment.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Wow, guys, I am impressed. I have never carved a pumpkin, but if I tried I think it would end up looking like abstract art.

Also, pumpkin guts creep me out.

Kristen said...

Those are amazing! What great detail.

Post a Comment