Monday, September 20, 2010

It's Late

For the first time in a very, very long time, I have found myself unable to sleep.  It is most likely due to sleeping in until 10:00 this morning which hasn't happened in quite a while, or a little bit of anticipation for the week ahead of me.  Either way, it seemed like a good time to sit by myself in the night and share my thoughts.  I still have the lovely ambiance of an occasional beep from the hidden smoke detector.

Tomorrow I am off to Mobile, AL for a 3 day business trip.  No need to get too excited there, it's primarily for a few insurance meetings.  I'm also getting more involved with out 2011 budget, which is fun.  I've been doing a good job of getting my name around the company as someone looking to advance and get more involved, so I am a little interested to see if any conversations pop up while I'm down there.  There is a good chance that nothing will come up, but we'll see.  I finally have a game plan to wait things out another 2 weeks for a possible transfer, and if nothing comes up, time to take action.  I think I'm going to pass at the possibility of being the assistant treasurer, which leaves me with my choice for my next title.  What sounds best to you?  Risk and Finance Manger OR Director of Risk and Finance.  I can't quite make up my mind, but apparently it is my decision.  

Aside from the above thoughts running through my head, I think the main reason I'm not sleeping right now is the excitement of next week's motorcycle trip.  After a year of dreaming of renting some Harley's and cruising some winding roads, the trip is finally going to happen.  My dad and I are heading out this Friday for what I hope to be an awesome time.  Lord willing, the weather will be nice, and everything else is all set.

That's right, the week ahead of me consists of 3 days in Mobile, a day at home, and 2 days on a Harley.  I really need to get some sleep now to be ready for all of this.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Director. I say go for director in your title whenever possible.

Have an awesome time on your Harleys.

Kristen said...

I agree about Director. Director sounds more important, and for some reason "manager" seems to eek its way into a lot of people's titles where it doesn't necessarily belong, making it lose its powerfulness. Or authority/presence/meaning.

Well, you know what I mean.

Post a Comment