Thursday, March 13, 2008

And From a New Location

Good day to you reader. I am writing today from my 4th work day at Taylor Wharton as a business analyst. I know it may be early to tell, but so far this job has been pretty great and I have good hopes for the future. I’m just a few days in, but I already have some good projects to work on, and I can say I’m fairly busy. Nothing I am doing right now is overly time sensitive, but I’m doing work that will help make co-workers’ jobs easier and I like that. I have two separate projects working with financial models to clean them up and make them more efficient. I have nearly finished one of them and I have to say that I am happy with my work. The other one is much more complicated and will take some more time and thought. The manager that assigned it to me suspected that it could take upwards of two weeks to create this model appropriately. That is just the kind of thing I like to do and I am very happy about that.

On my first day of work, one guy that I will be working with often took me around and introduced me to everyone in the office. He introduced me as an excel wiz that will be doing a lot of modeling and helping with special projects. He went so far as to say that my knowledge of Excel surpassed his own which surprised a lot of people. I thought it was a bit forward since he has never seen any of my work, but I appreciated the vote of confidence. These introductions have already increased my reputation in the office as two people I have never met have come to me with general Excel questions. I guess my role is just about set. I have high hopes for this new position and company… perhaps I could go so far as to change the theme of my blog in the near future. Maybe I am ahead of myself.

To completely change the subject, I was contacted by my Uncle Al this past weekend. He is a practicing Jehovah’s Witness and found out that I am joining a church. He asked me a few questions about the church’s position on some important points, and then warned me about Revelation’s talk of the people at end times following Babylon the Great. i.e. people in organized religions that are not Jehovah’s Witness. It was actually really nice to hear from him. I know he feels I have no shot at God’s kingdom without practicing his faith, so I appreciate him looking out for his family. Also, it has opened the lines of communication to discuss in greater depth our faiths and the difference and what that difference means. I am grateful for the opportunity. I have found that I really enjoy apologetics. If you think about it, can you pray for me to find answers to his questions and misconstrued thoughts, and that the Holy Spirit will give me the right words to say when the time comes to speak in person.
Thank you all.

2 comments:

Zackery David said...

Thank you "anonymous." I found the information and especially the history on that website to be very helpful. I am focusing on doctrinal issues such as the deity of Christ and hell, but knowing their history is filled with false prophesies confirms that their “narrow path” is not the right one. Scripture is clear on what to do about false prophets. Thanks again.

TJ said...

Hey Zack, I'm TJ and I happen to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses, like your uncle. I'd like to compliment your respectful and thoughtful approach to your uncle's concerns as well as your appreciation for scriptural truth. That all reflects very well on the kind of person you must be.

The issues you are studying are important ones, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have concerning our biblical view of them. There are a great many people online, such as the commenter above that pastes that same advertisement over and over again on many different blogs, that will mischaracterize what we actually believe. So if I can be of any help at all in explaining our position, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, TJ

Post a Comment