Tuesday, November 10, 2009

N is for Nonsense

I spend an unreasonable amount of time in my life drifting off into long trains of meaningless thought. About what I am doing later today, or where I’m going in life, or things going on around me. I’m sure many other people do the same. You can tell when a person makes some crazy off the wall comment that fits right into the conversation from their point of view. I decided my blog needed a little more nonsense and therefore thought to type out one of these useless strings of tangents that I claim to be a thought process. It reminds me of a scene from The Weatherman where Nick Cage is tasked to pick up some tartar sauce. Ah, what a humorous scene.

 Nick Cage was awesome when he was carrying that bow around the city
 I should get into archery
 I did just find that old bow, but where would I shoot it
 Can you target shoot at a public park?
 Probably not, but what are they going to do? Will the park police approach me with their flashlights while I’m holding a freaking bow and arrow
 Shooting in my back yard would be a bad decision, too much room for error
 I need a bigger back yard
 We should buy a house
 But then we are stuck in central PA for the indefinite future
 We should move, but where?
 I like my job, I shouldn’t leave it
 Is a good job worth staying in an area you don’t want to live?
 I want to live in Colorado, but that wouldn’t go over well with the family
 Whenever I do move, we need to have some space
 Then I would need and lawn mower and a bunch of tools
 I want to get back into forging
 Wherever we move, I need to have a work shop for my forge
 I could make some sweet swords and other items for around the house
 I should ask for an anvil for Christmas
 That would cost like $500
 But that’s all I need, an anvil and a big bag of coal
 I was in great shape last time I was forging steel
 I need to get back in shape, I should go for a run later
 I really dislike working out
 I should get a good cheeseburger instead
 But then I’ll just get fatter
 When we move to Colorado, I’m going to buy a nice roadbike
 I wish I went on the motorcycle trip
 We’ll go next year, but we already have so much planned
 I need to schedule vacation time
 I really should get back to work

2 comments:

Ali said...

Colorado!?!?!

No absolutely not that would be a terrible idea I really think you should rethink that it would be crazy to go so far away are you insane!

There. You've made me disregard basic rules of punctuation. I hope you're pleased with yourself.

Zackery David said...

I am pleased that my thoughts would force you to disregard rules, but must say that Colorado wouldn't be too bad. I know it is far away and you would see less of us, but you can also come visit family in Colorado. The mountains of Colorado is definitely my top place to live. Aside from all the awesome recreational items, I have almost no allergies there which plague me every day here. I know family is here, but I would move there in a heartbeat if given the chance. Oh to be able to take a deep breath.

Post a Comment