Wednesday, November 4, 2009

L is for Lacking

Keith and I traveled the long journey to King of Prussia on Friday for the premier of Boondock Saints 2. Despite some minor challenges of detours and meeting up with friends, we had a great time. We arrived at the theater nearly an hour early which was convenient because we were able to get into the theater 40 mins early. We got the best seats by my opinion and we watched as the people slowly filled up the theater beyond capacity. Not only were most of the seats filled, people were actually sitting on the floor in the front and 10-15 were standing at the entrance for the entire movie. Crazy right? But I would have done the same.

If you have not seen Boondock Saints, then shame on you. Get thee to a movie store and prepare for an awesome movie. I am not going to speak to the details about the sequel since most of you have not seen it, and there is a slim chance you may someday. Ultimately I would rate it as a 6 on a scale from 1 – 10 with 10 being Boondock Saints. At first I thought I really liked it, aside from 2-3 scenes that should have been done another way. But after some discussion with the others that joined us, I came to dislike the movie more and more. The intensity of the first movie was lost and some of the characters just seem to be trying too hard to be funny. Especially the 2 characters that were made to replace lost characters from the 1st movie. I greatly appreciate the comical aspect of the first movie that existed amongst the intensity, but some of the action scenes of the second movie were made to be too fun and humorous. They were but a step away from throwing up a big “BANG!” after a gun shot like the old Batman tv show. I have already heard talk of a 3rd movie, but am even more concerned than I was with the 2nd. If you are a Boondock Saints fan, then you absolutely need to see the sequel. But don’t get your hopes up too much, nothing will ever match the fantastic glory that is Boondock Saints.

Beside the movie, we had a wonderful trip. I always enjoy a solid piece of time to have deep conversation with Keith. I also got to hang out with Pat Brown and some of their friends from West Chester that I’ve met a few times. We went out after the movie and had a wonderful time catching up. We also met up with one of my old friends from Lock Haven that I haven’t seen in a couple years. Great trip and relatively decent movie. I believe one of the local theaters in my area is going to pick up Boondock Saints 2, but I in no way regret catching the movie on the day it premiered with some good friends.

Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment