Friday, June 27, 2008

Ahhh Lunch Break

Oh that’s right. Three posts in a single week. What could be the occasion you may ask? Boredom. This has been by far the most boring week of work I’ve had since I’ve started my job. Not only do I not have any specific projects to be working on, but half the office has been out of town for a meeting all week. It has been quiet and slow. My boss has only spent about 20 mins in the office this week. When did those 20 mins occur? At 4:40 yesterday afternoon when I was planning on leaving at 4:45 to pick up a car at the shop. I figured I could leave a little early because no one was around, and right after I shut down my computer, bam! The boss shows up. I’m planning on leaving a little early today as well because Liz and I are going out of town. I feel bad leaving and not telling anyone, but I honestly have no one to tell and I doubt anyone would care.

I have officially made in through the week waking up an hour earlier than I used to and running in the morning. It has been tough, but I really enjoy being on this schedule. Mornings have been wonderful because after the run, I get to have a good quiet time, I get ready faster, and I’ve been waking Liz up to make her breakfast and spend some time together before I leave. Work is happening more in the middle of my day instead of the first thing I do in the morning, and that is lovely. The other nice thing has been my lunch break. I used to try to work out at that time, but it has been way too hot and it rushes me too much to get back to work in time. Instead of rushing around to get my workout in, I have been enjoying a good meal while watching tv, playing Wii, fixing bathroom fixtures, or even going for a swim. I love this schedule and hope to stay on it. It is going to be hard not to mess it up this weekend, but I’m going to try my best to go to bed at a normal time and wake up early. I know I will feel much better next week if I do.

That is all I have to say. I’m going to go back to looking busy, and then try to head off an hour early. Have a good weekend everybody.

0 comments:

Post a Comment