Wednesday, June 25, 2008

C.E.H

I woke up early today to go running before work. I find exercising in the morning to be quite miserable, but by the end of the run, I feel great and the morning is very pleasant. I think I’m going to set a goal to continue the practice for a couple weeks to see if the misery in the beginning of the run improves.

At the end of my run, I noticed a huge window sticker on the back of my neighbor’s car. It read C.E.H “Certified Ethical Hackers,” and it listed a website. We all knew there were people out there like this. Those that love computers and hacking into networks, but have no reason to hack into someone’s computer because they are law abiding citizens. How do they get their fix? They hack for good. They are like Dexter killing serial killers, or like Blade who hates vampires but still has a taste for blood.

I don’t mind living next door to an ethical hacker. In fact, I would love to learn more about what that person does, because honestly, it is pretty cool. However, I wonder what he / she thinks about living next door to a family with broadband internet access and a completely unsecured wireless network. I might be too embarrassed to ever talk to this person. I at least need to have the decency to throw on a network password before I dare say hello.

0 comments:

Post a Comment