Monday, June 9, 2008

..And That's My Story

Today I have found myself in a bit of a pickle. I really want to blog, but I don’t know what I want to write about. I’ve spent the last half hour quasi doing work and thinking about what I would like the share with the readers of the internet world. I have dove right into writing, but still do not know what I want to say.

Time has been passing by in a spinning vortex of madness lately. It seems like just a couple days ago that I was planning out Memorial weekend, and our anniversary trip, and then BAM! It’s over and long gone. Despite the rapid passing of time, things have been going pretty well lately. Liz and I had a wonderful trip to Cape May. We stayed at a cool place, and saw some very nice things, and got to enjoy some time walking on the beach. It wasn’t so much the substance of the trip that made it wonderful; it was the simple feeling of joy I believe we both shared. In fact, I would venture to say it was one of the top 3 weekends we have had together…. Ever. I was happy to be alive and happy to be with the one I love, and it was purely that simple. We could have gone just about anywhere, and I think we would have had a good weekend. It was just…. Nice.

Immediately following our trip, I had to take a business trip down to Tennessee. This trip came up out of no where as I found out about it merely 5 days before I had to fly out. It made planning very challenging since the trip was supposed to last 5 days stuck between our anniversary weekend in Cape May and a weekend in Beaverdale for a wedding. Despite the inconvenience of the timing, we were able to work out travel plans, and I was mostly excited for the trip. I enjoy traveling and seeing new places, and it is even better when someone else is paying for it. Spending the time away from Liz is challenging, but as long as the trips don’t become routine, I will gladly take them on. My only disappointment in the Tennessee trip is that I didn’t get to see very much. The airport in Nashville is located outside of the city, and I was driving in the opposite direction and really never saw a thing in Tennessee except for small towns and forest. The trip was a bit tiring because I had a 2 hour drive to Baltimore for a 2 hour flight to Nashville, and then had to wrap that up with a 2 hour drive to Crossville, TN. The total 6 hour + airport time travel plans took a lot of energy out of me.

After a full day of butt-kicking productivity, we realized we had finished most of our work and could come home early. This did not work out well for me since I had planned on staying through Friday and flying to Pittsburgh. Liz decided to spend her time while I was gone with her parents, and it worked out well for me to fly in at the same time as her sister coming in for the wedding. I ended up leaving Nashville on Wednesday after only being there for less than 48 hours. I caught a ride home from Balitmore with a co worker and had to be home for 2 days by myself, and drive up a 2nd car to Beaverdale. It was very inconvenient, but I guess that’s the way it goes. To top all of this off, Liz took my keys with her to Beaverdale, which meant that I couldn’t drive my car or get into my house when I got home. This quick trip to TN escalated from inconvenient to just plain funny. Nothing was working out well, but at least I was able to break into my house with only 20 – 30 mins of effort. That was very unsettling. All in all, I would say the trip wasn’t too bad. I did get to rent a sweet car (2008 Eclipse), enjoy some delicious TN BBQ, and try a Goo Goo Cluster which was the first candy bar ever made that added other items to the chocolate (peanuts and marshmallow). Liz mailed me my keys and I only had to ride my bike to work one day. Lucky for me it was obscenely hot and muggy.

Good times, good times. We are back on a normal schedule now, and despite being quite tired, I’m in a pretty good mood. We had a great time with Liz’s family this past weekend, our AC is working correctly, Liz is into her 2nd trimester, I’m mostly caught up on work, and I can partially celebrate father’s day this weekend!

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Keith said...

That's funny, it only takes me 20 - 30 minutes of effort to break into your house while you guys are sleeping, too!

Sweet dreams ...



And Happy Father's Day!!!!

Liz said...

ew.

(that was directed at keith...obviously)

Post a Comment