Thursday, September 25, 2008

Just Like I’m Walking On Broken Glass

I got my Zune in yesterday!!! It is AMAZING. I am so glad about my purchase, and I can’t wait to really dive into the features and see what it can do. My only problem is the battery life. It is decent if you just listen to music, but watching videos and playing games as I will be doing often really kills the battery. It only last a little over 4 hrs playing straight video. I will definitely need to get something to extend the life of it if I am going for a long trip in a plane or something.

Why am I walking on broken glass? Because it seems every piece of glass I touch becomes broken. I have already described what happened to the Zune. As a side note, the thing was pretty solid. I dropped it multiple times and never even noticed a scratch. I’m not sure exactly what happened when the screen broke. I think it was somewhat of a freak incident where I happened to put the right amount of pressure in the right spot to ruin it. None the less…. Broken glass.

On Saturday of last weekend, our sliding glass door in the back of the house shattered. Liz and I weren’t around when in happened, and actually didn’t even notice it until the next morning because we got home late. Here is a picture of it. It is the same picture that Liz has on her blog.



It was actually very fascinating to look at. Clearly it started as a small web of cracks and expanded to cover the entire door. If you stood next to it and were quiet enough, you could here a new small crack form. A new one would form about once every 20 seconds.

Since bad things always happen in threes, you know this isn’t over yet. On Sunday night, yes the night of the same day we discovered the screen door. I broke the LCD screen on my work computer. We were about to go to bed and I decided to turn a movie on my work computer, it was just convenient at the time because our personal computers were malfunctioning / being used for another purpose. I was sitting on the floor setting up the movie, and then went to pick up the computer and put it on our dresser. I grabbed a hold of it from the top of the screen (as I do with my personal computer all the time, but highly recommend not doing) and I pinched a little to hard…. and crack. It was actually quite similar to my Zune. The outside didn’t crack, but the pressure on the screen broke the LCD behind the protective screen. There was just a small crack, but on an LCD, the whole picture is ruined. I just sat there in shock. I can’t believe I just busted my work issue computer…. By means of broken glass!! C’MON!

I promise I’m not a klutz. These were just very unique, and odd occurrences that happened to fall near each other. Though I am happy to report that everything is back to normal. I have my new Zune, we called the landlord and he just finishing replacing the door today, and my office called in their dell guy to replace the broken screen yesterday. Luckily, no one cared that much at work, they simply accept that accidents happen. Plus our new door is much nicer than the old one. I guess it worked out overall. No harm done at work, and much improved sliding glass door with an actual working screen, and a sweet new Zune. Not bad, but I do tense up a little bit when I’m next to a window or closing my car door.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Zack! I just started reading these new-fangled blogs... I feel like I know exactly what's going on in your life, and I don't even have to talk to you!!! Except I just talked to you two days ago... Take it easy...

Post a Comment