Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"It's Saint Patty's Day. It's all in good fun"

This wonderful holiday of greenness instills in me fond thoughts of Boondock Saints.  NOT Boondock Saints 2 which instills in me great remorse and the desire to hit myself repeatedly in the head until the knowledge of that movie goes away.  I thought I would just throw out some partially edited quotes for my reading audience.

Enjoy.  And if it you haven’t seen this movie, go find a copy right now.  Get mentally prepared for all the swearing, and just enjoy a great movie.   


Rosengurtie: Wait, rule of thumb? In the early 1900s it was legal for men to beat their wives, as long as they used a stick no wider than their thumb. 
Connor: [Sarcastic] Can't do much damage with that then, can we? Perhaps it should have been a rule of wrist? 


Detective Greenly: [giving his theory about the two dead Russians in the alley] This guy takes a blunt object, freakin', waah! Hits the guy with the bandages around his head, right? Why? 'Cause he's smart. He knows the guy with the bandages around his back, he ain't goin' nowhere. He's goin' freakin' nowhere. 
[to dead body] 
Detective Greenly: Where you goin'? Nowhere! 
Detective Greenly: Then he comes over here, jumps on this guy's back and crushes him to death... I feel something big here.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see more these turning up.
Paul Smecker: Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch


Murphy: Ahh, F you! I'm sweatin' my butt off draggin' your stupid rope around. Must weigh thirty pounds. 
Connor: Shhh. We are doing some serious stuff here, now get a hold of yourself! 
Murphy: Oh, *f**k you*! I'm not the rope-totin' Charlie Bronson wannabe that's getting us lost! 


Paul Smecker: [walking through the hotel room] How many bodies, Greenly? 
Detective Greenly: Eight. 
[Smecker gives him a look] 
Detective Greenly: Ah, crap! I forgot about that one! Nine! Nine? 
Paul Smecker: While Greenly's out gettin' coffee, anybody else want anything? 


Paul Smecker: Now, you Irish cops are perking up. That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men. Kind of makes me feel like Riverdancing. 


Detective Dolly: So what's the symbology there? 


Murphy: We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open. 
Connor: That is nicely put. 


Connor: We haven't really got a system of deciding who, Roc. It's, uh... 
Rocco: Me! *Me*! I'm the guy! I know everyone! Their habits, who they hang out with, who they talk to! I've got phone numbers, addresses… I know where they live!  We could kill *everyone.* 
Murphy: So what do you think? 
Connor: I'm strangely comfortable with it.


Man in the street: OK? I'm ready to get busy too. You know, I'm ready to get *busy*. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment