Friday, March 19, 2010

A Reasonable Design At Last

You may have noticed that I have switched around blog formats a couple times in the past month.  I’ve wanted to change it, and learned some new tricks to upload other designs from the web.  After a silly amount of time, I came to realize that there is not a single pre-made layout that I thought would suit my blog.  I had that scrapbook one for a while, but that wasn’t quite right, so I switched to a general one until I could figure out what to do. 

I finally decided to learn a bit about HTML and make my own.  Though I did start from a template I found online (Link Here), I edited most of the code to suit my needs.  After getting all the fonts and positioning just right, I decided I needed a little logo.  Again I browsed a bit online, and came to the conclusion that I should just draw my own.  The results of quite a bit of labor this week are before.  I must say I am quite happy.  I have a couple more ideas I plan to layer into this site, but I’m going to take a break for a while and get ready for China.   There will likely be no posts for a couple weeks, so I catch you on the flip side.

P.S.  I found one template that I liked quite a bit that I started modifying.  Here is a link.  I decided it was a little too girly and didn’t quite suit me.  But I did have some fun replacing all the little puzzle pieces with my drawn logo.

Thanks for reading.   

5 comments:

Keith said...

Dude. Love the new layout, and the nerdiness of you discovering how to make it yourself. You should totally make a favicon too. It's the little icon that shows up in address bars. Your logo might be a little too detailed for it though, I'm not sure.

Speaking of blog stuff, I'm getting really tired of the title of mine. I may return to the original title (Write it all down. Quickly.), as it seems that I don't really talk about being a white male in America as much as I thought I would.

Anyway I just read over your most recent posts, and I'm disappointed that there will be a lull. But I suppose posting from Communist China would be difficult. Have a great trip man! Can't wait to hear how it was.

Linda said...

I love the new layout. I especially love your drawing. Perhaps along with your singing ability this is another excellent talent of yours that Aunt Linda didn't know about :)

Ali said...

Love the new look, especially the drawing. The colors are really easy on the eyes. I particularly like the "important document."

Take good notes in China. We want to hear all about it when you guys get back. Jules is looking forward to spending time with Wes.

Zackery David said...

Thank you all for the compliments. I'll have to work on that favicon. I added the little guy to the footer of every post, and it is a little too detailed for that, so the favicon might be pushing it too far, but we'll see. I am a fan of your title Keith, but understand the desire to change. I hope Wes does well in Beaverdale for 2 weeks. Lucky he has many great relatives near by to play with him. Have a good couple weeks everyone, and we'll talk to you soon.

Pam said...

Hey Bro! I too am impressed with the desire to learn all this web stuff. If you ever need help, give me a shout (I tend to dabble in this EVERY DAY :) Have a fantastic trip and be safe!

Post a Comment