Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Wheewww!

Just when you thought I was going to become a blogger, bam! No posts for nearly 2 weeks, and what a crazy 2 weeks it has been. Work was madness last week. Tuesday and Wednesday included an 11 hour work day and a 13 hour work day. The majority of this work involved pulling data out of files and verifying that it was recorded correctly. Very, very boring. The only fun parts were seeing how much money people have saved up at the end of their lives and working with some fun people from my office that made doing this mindless job fairly entertaining. By the end of the second day, we were so tired and going mad from staring at these files that we were laughing at anything the other people said. It was like staying up really late, only it was early evening and we were losing our minds. It was a good time despite the long hours. In the middle of all of this madness, the hard drive of my computer completely crashed. It just stopped working, I turned off the computer and it never came back. I lost all the work I did on Tuesday, and had to spend time talking to IT people and arranging meetings to get a new computer and have it updated to all of my settings. Once the job was finished and I re-did all the work that I did on Tuesday, I had the fun task of finding out what other work I lost that I didn’t save to our network directory and catching up to where I was before the crash. It took until today to finally get everything caught up. In the meantime, I have 2 major projects I’m working on right now, and I can honestly say that I am busy at work, no more boredom for the moment.

In the middle of those long days, I found myself staying at a really nice hotel near West Chester. After a succulent dinner on the company bill at Outback, I was able to give my good friend Keith Becker a call to hang out. To my complete delight, he came a calling with Pat Brown and Rich Howell along side. I literally skipped with glee across the parking lot to meet my long lost friends whom I haven’t seen in a few months. Though there visit was fairly short, it was really great to see them all. I had so much to tell them about my life, that I didn’t really get a chance to ask about their’s. To compensate, I have decided to spend the next weekend at West Chester to spend some more time with them. In fact, I might spend the following weekend their also. Liz is going to be out of town both weekends with her friends allowing me some quality guy time. Gitty-up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment